Makes: 1 medium sized dip
1 x 19 oz can white cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp 2% plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp of milk
1 large clove of garlic
3/4 Tsp. Salt
1 Tbsp lemon juice (approx 1/2 of a lemon)
2 cups Inspired Greens, roughly chopped
1 x 6 oz (170 ml) jar artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup white onion, finely diced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup marbled cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat Oven to 350F. In a food processor or high-powered blender (like a Vitamix) place beans, yogurt, olive oil, milk, garlic, salt and lemon juice blend until smooth. This may take a few minutes.
2. Use a spatula to scrape mixture into a medium mixing bowl and fold in artichokes, lettuce and parmesan cheese. Mix to combine well.
3. Place in an oven safe dish and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Broil for an additional 2 minutes before taking out of the oven to get the top golden and bubbling.
5. Serve with veggie sticks, your favorite crackers or tortilla chips and enjoy!
Lindsay Pleskot is a Vancouver-based Registered Dietitian who also works with clients globally online. Her approach is to focus on what you’re adding into your diet, not what you “can’t” eat. Lindsay’s passion is in the kitchen creating delicious, nutritious and inspiring recipes that will help you save time and eat well in a simple, yet delicious way!
or blog at LindsayPleskot.com